Welcome to the home of my musings about knitting :)

Friday, October 01, 2004

My felted bag has grown like Topsy

Gah. I have lots to blog about, including an internet yarn store that has done me wrong and a Great Knitting Adventure that is coming up next week. But it's late and I'm falling asleep at my computer so you'll just have to settle for a few knitting pics taken with my new birthday digital camera (yay!)

RLBF's felted bag is all knitted up and just needs the ends sewing in before it can get thrown into the washing machine. It's difficult to tell from this picture, but the unfelted bag is really quite large, so I am hoping to get a small-ish shoulder bag out at the end of the process. But who knows? All part of the fun of felting.



So what's that odd square in the top right hand corner of the picture then? Well, my idea is to fold it over somehow and sew it up into a little purse to match the bag. Exactly how that is going to work I'm not 100% sure. I think I'll wait until I can see the size of the felted piece before I make any firm decisions. I like to live dangerously, me.

The next three pics are a new innovation for this blog - knitting, but not done by me. Behold the beauty of the two Noro Silk Garden cushions that RLBF gave me for my birthday.



Aren't they yummy?

But it gets better.

If you turn them over, you find the following:




Posted by Hello

The letters are done in beading and refer to the ongoing battle between Mr A and myself over how many cushions are needed in one house. His preferred number would be none. My view is that you can never have too many cushions. I have slowly been winning the moral victory over the last few years, but his reaction on seeing these was pretty much as RLBF predicted.

Bless him.

Don't you think they are a really cool present? I was extremely pleased with them. And one of the best bits about them is that the dark green silk RLBF used for the beaded panels is offcuts of the material she used to make her bridesmaids dress for my wedding. :)

2 Comments:

Blogger Jaimi said...

Hee, I love the backs of the cushions. It's the little things, y'know?

7:51 pm

 
Blogger eyeleen said...

Such beautiful Cushions! I agree with you and your RLBF, you can never have too many cushions.

1:56 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home