Welcome to the home of my musings about knitting :)

Saturday, September 04, 2004

In which Atropos is excessively diverted

I was wandering around the internet earlier looking at the various free knitting patterns on offer and came across something that made me laugh like an idiot. So much so, I thought I'd share.

(Apologies to all non-Potter knitters who will have absolutely NO IDEA what I am about to go on about, but trust me - this is funny.)

I present to you ..... the perfect yarn for all your Harry Potter knitting needs:


Posted by Hello

I kid you not. It's made by Bernat and comes in some quite interesting colours. This is probably the part where you say "Yes, Atropos, we know all about that. SOX yarn is on the shelf of every yarn shop in the US" but really I don't care. I'm still highly amused by it.

Just so this post has some actual content, can I recommend that you check out www.bernat.com if you haven't done so already. If you join as a member (which takes 30 secs and is free) you get access to a good range of free patterns, including one for stripy SOX which I think I am going to adapt to make Mr A's 'Denis the Menace' pair when they reach the top of the craft queue.

3 Comments:

Blogger Axelle said...

Very cool! (Hee -- the same thought crossed my mind when I came across it in our local craft store.) I'm using Bernat to make my Lucius Malfoy Scarf!

6:25 pm

 
Blogger brooke said...

Ooo! I don't believe I've seen it in the stores, but then again I haven't been 'actively' shopping for yarn recently.

I just love the fact that it's spelled 'sox'.
:P

9:43 pm

 
Blogger Jen said...

Hee! I can't say I've ever seen Sox in the local craft store so I'm glad you pointed it out!

10:10 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home