Welcome to the home of my musings about knitting :)

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Good things come in threes, right?

All is going well for me on the knitting front at the moment.

Firstly, my blog has finally been accepted into the Fibre Arts bloggers netring. So if you click on the button below it will now send you on to another cool knitblog rather than off into technical oblivion. Which has to be good.

Second, and extremely excitingly, I have finally found somewhere in the UK where I can not only buy Koigu yarn but also Lorna's Laces. Look! - It's here! The prices are a bit eye-watering though. £7.95 for one skein of Koigu. Oy. But at least it means I can buy 2 or three skeins at a time from now on rather than having to purchase a small yarn mountain in order to justify the postage. Not that a yarn mountain is a bad thing, you understand. It's just quite difficult to conceal in an open plan flat.

And the third good knitting thing that has happened to me this weekend is that I finally gave in and started on the Glenora Throw, in Mission Falls 1824.


Ooh - swirly Posted by Hello

I started on Friday night and I am up to the first bright orange stripe in the picture above. I would post pics of my own WIP, but I didn't get home until it was dark today and I really want you all to be able to see the colours properly which just ain't going to happen with a picture taken in artificial light. Watch this space though - there will be pictures soon.

I am loving this project so far. The yarn is fluffy and soft,and, now I am past the first lot of swirls and checkers, the large-ish gauge means that the whole thing is just zipping along. I'm quite pleased with my swirls. They are my first ever attempt at Fairisle and also my first ever experience of knitting from a chart. It all seemed to go off without a hitch although I think some blocking will be required to even out the Fairisle parts of the pattern. But I wouldn't have said that that was particularly surprising given the amout of yarn carrying involved.

What is that you're whispering about my promising to finish all my Christmas knitting before I started this project? Did I say that? In which case, I point you towards the new button on my sidebar. I'm a badass knitter no less which, as you can see if you click on the button, means that I knit what the heck I like whenever the heck I like.

So there.

(And I've still got ages to go before Christmas, right? So I can take a break from socks without spoiling the overall game plan. Right:? Right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home