Welcome to the home of my musings about knitting :)

Monday, January 17, 2005

Finally technology smiles on the inept

At last all the bits I need to communicate with you all in pictures are in the same place at the same time. I do believe there are herds of pigs flying past my window as we speak. But before they circle round for their next pass let me share some pictures of my Christmas knitting with you.

Firstly, the Vine Lace socks that I gave my MIL:


Vine Lace Sox

These are made from Apple Laine Apple Butter in a shade whose name I forget but which as you can see is a lovely lovely collection of pinks and purples. Try as I might I could not eliminate the eyeleting between the needle changeovers so I have just decided to live with it as a design feature. MIL is none the wiser and has been sighted wearing the socks on several occasions so I think these were a success. Next time I am going to try not doing a needle changeover at the same time as a YO and see if that helps.

Secondly, the baby blanket for my new nephew, finished approximately 4 days before he made his appearance into the world.


Baby blanket - a labour of love

This is made from Rowan wool cotton in two shades of grey/blue (although they look more grey in this picture) with a garter stitch border and a moss stitch centre panel. Take it from me, you do not want to embark on a moss stitch baby blanket unless you have a good strong knitting backbone to see you through the wasteland that is balls 3,4 and 5 of the centre panel. It's lucky that I've already got one nephew so I had some inkling that this one was going to be fun to have around, that's all I can say. Somewhere I have a picture of said nephew all wrapped up in his spiffy new blanket, which made the whole thing worthwhile. But I can't find it at the moment :/ If I locate it I'll post it - I promise.

Third, Petite eyelet rib sox for mother of nephews:


Petite eyelet rib sox

These are made from Koigu PPPM which was a dream to knit with. I am glad I have plenty more in the stash, is all I can say. This pattern was fun, easy to memorise and quick to knit up too (well, quick for sox anyway). A good one to try if you're relatively new to sock knitting and want to branch out.

Finally, a fuzzy picture of my Very Harlot poncho made in Rowan Polar for 9 year old niece of RLBF:


Poncho - blurry but cool Posted by Hello

I have named this the Liberty poncho. Betya can't guess why :)

So there we have it - proof positive that Christmas knitting really did happen rather than just get blogged about. I've lots more to talk about on the knitting front, including the wonders of my new bag, Felting Lessons I Have Learned, progress on Clapotis and success in luring new knitters into the coven fold. But I think I'll save it for another post so that you get to hear from me more than once in a blue moon :)

3 Comments:

Blogger eyeleen said...

Lovely stuff!! It's looks like you made a lot of people happy this year with all your knits. I love the Liberty poncho, gorgeous color!

3:57 am

 
Blogger Axelle said...

You are the Queen of Super Sox! I love them all -- particularly the eyelet rib sox -- and the Very Harlot poncho! (A very useful thing that would be in these parts where I can't even see across the street for all the snow!)

2:25 pm

 
Blogger brooke said...

Wow! I'm jealous of your magical sox powers.
I'm in awe of how many projects you completed for Christmas...that's just fantastic!!

12:32 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home