Welcome to the home of my musings about knitting :)

Friday, December 24, 2004

Christmas knitting - it's getting bloody

Just so as you know - once again there will still be no pictures in this post. I have now found my camera but there is some inscruitable software problem that Mr A has promised to fix tomorrow. My view is that the planets are not aligned properly. Or something. Anyway, pictures soon just not today.

But the reason that I have been compelled to post, pictures or no pictures, is that it appears to be early in the morning on Christmas Eve. CHRISTMAS EVE!! How did that happen? Where did all those knitting hours go? Who knows, but I have been knitting like a woman possesed for the last week in order to try and get to the end of my Christmas knitting list. The trouble is that the freaking thing keeps growing. As soon as something drops off one end my knitting imp adds another thing onto the 'To Knit' list and I am dispatched back into the fray. I present the evidence:

Atropos's Christmas knitting list

Harvest socks - complete, given, recipient very happy

Vine lace socks - ditto

Double eyelet rib socks - ditto

Baby blanket - ditto (at least I assume the recipient is very happy. Given that he is currently less than 24 hours old this may be pushing it frankly)

Silk Garden ribbed scarf - knitted in two days on a whim after spying wool in John Lewis's. Looks wonderful and is beautifully soft. Recipient then cancelled meeting at last minute so now not due for gifting until the New Year *face palm*

Broken rib socks - Just turning the second heel. Due for giving on Boxing Day. Must knit faster, but have been impeded by...

Harlot poncho for 10 year old - Cast on yesterday evening, again on a whim after grabbing huge handfuls of Rowan Polar in John Lewis's. Just about to cast off. Still have fringe to construct and also due for giving on Boxing Day. Aiee!

Large Booga Bag - Successfully felted. Now just needs to be lined :/ Again, due for giving on Boxing Day.

Why did I add 2 more things to the list at the last minute? Can anyone answer that question for me? I must be truly crazy. More details on the 24 hour poncho will be forthcoming when my coamera software & I are in a more zen place but for now I must get back to the needles (it's Christmas EVE for heaven's sake!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Markel said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

12:41 am

 

Post a Comment

<< Home