Welcome to the home of my musings about knitting :)

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

What date did you say it was again?

So, we had another lovely weekend in Norfolk painting the downstairs bathroom and planting bulbs in the garden. We got back early last night so I even got a full night's sleep for a change - so much so that when I got up for work this morning I felt like this:


All is calm, all is bright

And then I remembered what the date was, and I felt like this:


HOW long is it until Christmas? Posted by Hello

What is it that is upsetting me so? Well, in case you hadn't noticed, Christmas is coming and the yarn stash does not seem to have diminished any despite all my best intentions. In fact, it's just over 6 weeks to Christmas now, I believe, and what progress have I made against my knitted gift list? Not much, that's what. Ferreting around in my various knitting bags unearthed the following:

* 7/8ths of a baby blanket for new not yet born niece / nephew;

* A half felted bag for RLBF;

* One baby sock, half of a pair for nephew Theo; and

* 1.5 socks for dear friend Cat who once found a rugby player naked in our communal bathtub (if I haven't already told you this story, I wouldn't go there if I were you.)

What good is that? What I need is finished Christmas objects and I need them fast. So my needles will be flying faster than usual over the next few weeks and I see lots of socks in my future. I am resolved *nods* Don't know how long that's going to last, but for now my eyes are fixed on the prize of not having to give anyone expensive Christmas presents.

I dare you to pop back later and see how I do :)


2 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

I feel your pain! I also had the best of Christmas knitting intentions, then I was sidelined by a sore shoulder. Now it looks as if I'll be lucky complete even one thing. Oh well. There's always next year, right? :)

Good luck finishing everything in your Christmas queue! Can't wait to see all those beautiful FO!

3:15 pm

 
Blogger eyeleen said...

Good luck with finishing everything for Christmas. My schedule is so hectic this season I didn't even attempt to knit my gifts this year. I can't wait to see all your FO's.

4:21 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home