Welcome to the home of my musings about knitting :)

Friday, January 07, 2005

I'm in love!

So there I was, wandering round my favourite yarn site (possibly ordering some Debbie Bliss Aran Cashmerino to make this - I couldn't possibly comment) when I saw a new link to knitting bags. So I clicked on it expecting, you know, an ordinary kntting bag. Instead I came across this vision of lovliness. Look!


Jordana Paige knitting bag

Now I'm expecting all you US knitbloggers are going "Yeah, yeah - what's new about that?" But let me tell you that here in the UK, the land where bad ass knitters are still lone voices crying in the wilderness, this bag is something of a revelation. Look at the inside for heaven's sake.


Aiee! I am in knitting heaven Posted by Hello

This is clearly the knitting bag for the dynamic corporate chick who makes multi-million pound deals in the morning and then whips her needles out for a spot of light K2 P2 rib over lunch. Now that's not me any more. I gave all that dynamic corporate business up nearly 18 months ago and have been much happier since my move to the not-for-profit sector. But I still remember those days. And I sure as heck can still carry the bag.

So I ordered one. As a late Christmas present from me to me. Without even wincing at the pricetag. I can't wait. Now all I have to do is break the news to Mr A about exactly how much it cost before it turns up on my doorstep :/ Wish me luck!

And have I actually been doing any knitting rather than just lusting over knitting accessories? Well yes I have. And I may even be able to post some pictures this weekend, subject to the patron saint of lost things reuniting me with the cable that connects my camera to my laptop. I have been working on Clapotis in some of Axelle's wonderfully soft and snuggly cashmere. I love both the yarn and the pattern. Dropping those stitches is so liberating, and the stranded bars show off the different colours in the yarn to perfection. Wait for the pictures. They'll be worth it - I promise :)

4 Comments:

Blogger Jen said...

What a cool knitting bag! It's so sleek and stylish-I can see why you snapped it up! Don't worry about Mr. A. Just remind him that you own many sharp, pointy knitting needles if he starts to ask too many questions! :P

4:15 am

 
Blogger eyeleen said...

Oh I love that bag, I've been wanting one for quite a while, Did you get it in red or black? (I winced at the price tag as well, then decided to buy yarn instead ;)

6:22 am

 
Blogger Toni said...

The bag is marvelous and what a great way to treat yourself. Now you have the perfect bag for the travel projects from your new books!

6:27 am

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi there " Atropos " --- I was in the search engines researching SEO Software when I came upon your blog..... I don't know if you are out of place in the engines, or I am out of place and just don't realize it :-)

6:06 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home